Library Collection and Services
A. Reader's Services
- Reference Section - consists of reference books for quick consultation purposes on specific topics of information like dictionaries, encyclopedias, atlases, handbooks, almanacs, directories, bibliographies and current sources like yearbooks and annuals.
- General Circulation Section - consists of books used as textbooks and references in the different course offerings.
- Filipiniana Section - contains books and other materials on various subjects about the Philippines or any topic related to the Philippines regardless of author or format.
- Thesis and Periodical Section - houses all local and foreign journals, magazines,newspapers, theses, and dissertations.
- Vertical Files - includes pamphlets, leaflets, clippings, and other ephemeral materials.
B. Technical Services
- Acquisition Section - handles the selection, ordering and procurement of books, periodicals, and other materials.
- Cataloging Section - takes care of the bibliographical description, classification, and mechanical processing of the materials.
C. Photocopying Services
D. Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC)
Access to the collections of the library can be done by using the online catalog. The Online Public Access Catalog computers are not intended for e-mail or Internet searching.
E. Athena Web Server
This allows clients to search for materials cataloged in the library collections. With the Athena Web Server, clients may view information about their fine balances, items on loan and items on reserve. Everyone now has the convenience of being able to search the library collections remotely.