Foreign Applicants Who Are Still Abroad
Requirements For The Issuance of a 9(f) student Visa (To be submitted in three (3) copies: Original and two (2) photocopies
- Notice of Acceptance (NOA) from the school containing a clear impression of the school’s official dry seal, addressed to:
- The Director
Visa Division-Office of Consular Affairs Department of Foreign Affairs
- Six (6) copies of the Student's Personal History Statement (PHS) duly signed by him, both in English and in his national alphabet accompanied by his personal seal, if any, and containing, among others, his left and right thumb-prints and a 2 x 2 inch photograph or plain white background taken not more than six months prior to submission
- Transcript of Records/Scholastic records duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post located in the student applicant's country of origin or legal residence.
- A notarized Affidavit of Support including bank statements or notarized notice of grant for institutional scholars to cover expenses for the students accommodation and subsistence, as well as school dues and other incidental expenses.
- Photocopy of data page of the student's passport showing date and place of birth, and birth certificate or its equivalent duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post.
- For those desiring to enroll in Medicine and Dentistry, their documents shall be submitted to the Office of Student Services (OSS), CHED for evaluation and if found in order, a Certificate of Eligibility for Admission (CEA) is issued to concerned foreign student.
- Foreign student reports to the BI Student desk for registration and to the accepting HEI and shall enroll in the school, which issued his NOA upon arrival in the Philippines. Accepting HEI assists foreign student desk to obtain Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) and Certificate of Residence for Temporary Student (CRTS) from the Bureau of Immigration (BI). DFA sends notice to accepting HEI on the issuance of the student visa to applicant, copy furnished CHED, BI, NICA and NBI. OSS keeps on file submitted data on foreign students.
In addition to the documents submitted to the DFA, the student shall submit the following requirements to the Consular Officer at the Philippine Foreign Service Post upon notice of interview.
- Original copy of the School's Notice of Acceptance (NOA) containing a clear impression of the school's dry seal
- Original copy of the Certificate of Eligibility for Admission (CEA) issued by CHED if enrolling in Medicine and Dentistry.
- Police Clearance issued by the national police authorities of the student's country of origin or legal residence duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post having consular jurisdiction over the place.
- Medical Health Certificate issued by an authorized physician including but not limited to standard-size chest x-ray, HIV, hepatitis B clearance. The Consular Office shall not assume the task of determining the student's scholastic fitness for the program applied for and shall issue the student visa as soon as all the requirements are accomplished.
- << Prev