National Coffee Research Development and Extension Center
Page 1 of 7
- Republic Act No. 8435 - Agriculture and Fisheries Modernization Act (AFMA) of 1997 that promulgates the "prioritization of education and training to accelerate social progress and promote total human liberation and development".
- Brainchild of the National Integrated Research Development and Extension Program (NIRDEAP) for Coffee of the Cavite State University (CvSU) and the Bureau of Agriculture Research (BAR).
- The NIRDEAP for Coffee, which was written and implemented in 1999, was in response to the call of the AFMA to uplift the Philippine coffee industry.
- The potential of coffee industry in contributing to the betterment of the Philippine economy will only be realized if concerted effort to improve the industry is pushed.
- The re-entry of high quality grade of Philippine Coffee to the world market such as CAVITE AA and others may further boost the coffee industry thereby alleviating poverty in the countryside.
- The initiative and present accomplishments of the Cavite State University in coffee research, development and extension, has been instrumental in improving the productivity of coffee farmers and the quality of coffee in the province and in national level.
- Next >>