National Coffee Research Development and Extension Center - Vision/Mission/Objectives
Page 2 of 7
Vision / Mission / Goals / Strategies
- To be locally and internationally known for coffee research, development and extension program.
- To strengthen research and development activities and enhance the extension delivery system that will lead to increased productivity, sustainability, and global competitiveness of the Philippine coffee.
- Improve varieties of coffee in the Philippines;
- Maintain a genebank and germplasm collection for coffee;
- Develop an environmentally sound production and processing technologies that will improve the socio-economic well-being of coffee farmers and stakeholders;
- Produce technically-equipped coffee production specialists;
- Improve national and international linkages;
- Support policies that will increase the Coffee Research, Development and Extension Programs (RD&E) in the country.
- Conduct scientific research that will improve the varieties of coffee;
- Establish a Mother Clonal Garden (MCG) and germplasm collection;
- Conduct research activities that will lead to the development of sound production and processing technologies;
- Conduct trainings, symposia, workshops and the like to cater the needs of coffee farmers, researchers, specialists, and other stakeholders of the coffee industry;
- Strong partnership with farming communities, research institutions and other agencies/organizations that share NCRDEC's mission; and
- Provide studies that would give an in-depth analysis of the coffee industry for policy, advocacy and law makers.