Office of Student Affairs
As an institution of higher learning, the Cavite State University caters to the needs of students, not only in the acquisition of education but also in their personality development. To ensure that the students' potentials for advancement are maximized, the Student Welfare Services was established. The Student Welfare Services had been renamed Office of Student Affairs (OSA). It is a major project under the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
The Office of Student Affairs started as one of the functional units of the then Don Severino Agricultural College (DSAC) in 1980. Through the years, the name of the Office was changed to Student Services Project in 1986, Student Services in 1989, Student Welfare Services in 1991 and renamed again to Office of Student Affairs in 1998 when DSAC was elevated into a university, the Cavite State University. Since then, the Office has been providing different student services to its clients such as guidance and counseling, admission and testing, and student development services like student organization and socio-cultural affairs, student publication and placement of students and graduates. The mandated National Service Training Program (NSTP) subject was also offered by the Office in 2002. The Office will continue and shall remain committed to provide student welfare and development activities to the CvSU academic community and the public.
The goals of the Office of Student Affairs are the following:
- to look after the educational, vocational, as well as the personal development need of the students;
- to assist the students to maximize their potentials by helping them understand themselves and their environment and to enhance their psychological growth towards socialized maturity.
The objectives of the Office of Student Affairs are the following:
- Provide counseling and testing to students so that they may recognize and accept themselves and develop their potentials/capabilities;
- provide information, training, placement and follow-up services to students, graduates and other clienteles;
- provide financial assistance to the needy and deserving students;
- provide avenues to hone students' talents and interest to ensure social and cultural growth; and
- develop skills and potentials of student writers