A. Reader’s Services or Public Services
- Circulation Section– consists of books used as textbooks and references in the different course offerings.
- Filipiniana Section– contains books and other materials on various subjects about the Philippines or any topic related to the Philippines regardless of author or format.
- Reference Section– consists of reference books for quick consultation purposes on specific topics of information like dictionaries, encyclopedias, atlases, handbooks, almanacs, directories, bibliographies and current sources like yearbooks and annuals.
- Reserve Section – consist of books recommended by the students, faculty and employees of the University. Library materials in this section are available for a shorter loan period so that everyone can use them.
- Theses Section- houses manuscripts of theses and dissertations submitted by CvSU students, faculty and employees appropriate for the research needs of the University.
- Periodicals Section– houses all local and foreign journals, magazines, and newspapers.
- Multimedia Section – houses all books, periodicals, educational videos/movies, etc. in CD, DVD or Blu-ray format. Other services offered in this section include: a) computers for accessing information through the internet; c) computers for reading e-resources and watching videos; c) free wireless internet access to library users (Wi-Fi Lounge); d) printing and scanning services e) Learning Commons; and f) Collaboration Area.
B. Technical Services
- Acquisition Section– handles the selection, ordering and procurement of books, periodicals, and other materials.
- Cataloging Section– takes care of the bibliographical description, accessioning, cataloging, classifying, and mechanical processing of the library materials.
C. Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC)
Provides access to the collections of the library. Users search a library OPAC principally to locate books and other material available at a library. The CvSU Library Web OPAC is accessible 24/7 via http://library.cvsu.edu.ph
D. Other Services
- Library Information Literacy and User Education- to maximize the use of the library resources, facilities, and services to promote lifelong learning among University constituents and other library users, a continuing library information literacy and user education program shall be carried out. The following activities shall be done through: a) library orientation; b) library tours; c) virtual library orientation and reorientation program; d) preparation of users’ guides, brochures, handbooks, newsletters and other printed and online library instructional materials
- Library Promotion and Current Awareness Services– the following activities shall be done to promote the library and update users on library information resources, facilities and services: a)Conduct of an intensive library instruction program (orientation and guided tours) for new library users at the start of every academic year; b)Preparation and distribution of the Bibliographic List of New Acquisitions/New Arrivals; c) Library Bulletin Board Displays (traditional, electronic and online bulletin board); d) Posting of posters, tarpaulins of resources and announcements in strategic places; e) Organization of displays/exhibits of new acquisitions; f) Distribution of current contents of periodicals to concerned colleges or departments; g) Distribution of Library Brochures and User’s Guide; h) Distribution of Library Newsletters “DIWA”; and i) Social media marketing
- Selective Dissemination of Information Services- Subject bibliography by program is made available for accreditation purposes. List of references upon students’ request is also made available.
- Referral Services – A referral letter is issued to a student/faculty member who wants to avail of the use of the library facilities and resources of other libraries which are not available at the University Library. The researcher is referred to the library of his/her choice. This service is extended upon request from the University Librarian.
- Photocopying, Printing and Scanning Services- photocopier machine is available at the Reference and Reserve Section, 3rd Floor, while the printing and scanning services are available at the Multimedia Section, 4th Floor.
- Access to Library for Persons with Disabilities