2,883 total views, 2 views today
Created in compliance with the provision of Republic Act 9003 or the Solid Waste Management Act of 2003, the University Pollution Control Office (UPCO) is responsible for the Solid Waste Management, Pollution Control and shall serve as the liaison officer to all Waste Management activities and programs within the University. The office is headed by an accredited Pollution Control Officer (PCO) with workload of eight (8) credits and directly reporting to the Office of Vice President for Administrative and Support Services (OVPASS) in coordination with other Vice Presidents.
To protect and to conserve all the natural resources of the Cavite State University (CvSU) – Don Severino de las Alas Campus such as its land, waters and airshed and vital terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems.
As an environmental unit of the Cavite State University (CvSU) – Don Severino de las Alas Campus, UPCO is responsible in implementing the CvSU’s Environmental Policies in accordance to its Environmental Compliance Certificate (ECC) issued by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) and to comply with their standards in terms of environmental regulation, management, monitoring and permitting of the University.
- Implement the Solid Waste Management Plan of Cavite State University;
- Promote environmental management policies of the University through a systematic orientation and awareness campaign programs;
- Conduct inventory of trees and wildlife within the University and ensure that no trees are cut without necessary permit in accordance with the law;
- Ensure that hunting, catching or possessing of any kind of wildlife found in the University such as cloud rats, civet cats, snakes, birds, bats monitor lizard and any other related animals is prohibited;
- Spearhead in the implementation of centralized sewage treatment/management system that shall collect, store and treat all sewage wastes from all units of CvSU and disposal of treated wastes following the standards set by the DENR-Environmental Management Bureau (EMB) Department Administrative Order (DAO) 2016-8 for class C waters;
- Ensure that policies of the University related to traffic and vehicular emissions is properly implemented;
- Lead the adaptation of strategies in managing or mitigating the dangers of fire, bomb threats, chemical spills, earthquakes and other form of accidents, disasters or risk that may occur or affect the University; and
- Establish linkage with various stakeholders.
CvSU Environmental Management Policies
- Establishment of the University Pollution Control Office
- Total Plastic Ban Policy
- “Garbage In – Garbage Out” Policy
- Proper Waste Segregation and Imposition of Penalties for Violations
- Trees and Wildlife Protection
- Vehicular Emissions and Traffic
- Sewage Treatment
- Natural Disaters and Risks Management
- Environmental Education and Awareness
Junser P. Magpantay Pollution Control Officer firstname.lastname@example.org 046-423-1071