68 total views, 2 views today
To capacitate the GAD coordinators, extension coordinators, and other faculty members of the different colleges/campuses/units of the University, a three-day training of trainers (ToT) in conducting awareness campaign against human trafficking in their respective communities is being held, from 24-26 May, via Zoom.
The ToT covers the following topics:
- Domestic and International Situationer on Human Trafficking
- Salient Features of Republic Act 9208 as amended by Republic Act 10364, or the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act, and other laws against illegal recruitment, mail-order spouse scheme, and online sexual exploitation of children (OSEC)
- Forms of Trafficking: Labor and Sex Trafficking
- Gender Sensitive and Victim-Friendly Handling of Human Trafficking Cases
- Ways to Help in Fighting Human Trafficking
- Community-Based Anti-Trafficking Advocacy Campaign
Twenty-five faculty members from the different colleges/campuses/units are expected to benefit from the training and are expected to prepare a module design on community-based orientation on anti-trafficking and an action plan to ensure the implementation of the community-based anti-trafficking campaign.
The said activity is part of the Memorandum of Agreement signed by CvSU and the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) wherein the latter shall support CvSU’s GAD Resource Center Extension Program by implementing activities that will promote the campaign against gender-based violence such as human trafficking in the province of Cavite and within the region. (SGTan)